|Did you know?
- Diapers can cost average $936 a year in South Carolina, yet the average family income of people using WIC is $14,758.
- 13% of children under the age of five are SNAP recipients in South Carolina.
- 28% of infants are WIC recipients in South Carolina.
- One in three moms in the U.S. report suffering from diaper need.
- Diapers are not funded by WIC and SNAP programs.
For countless mothers, having enough diapers is a constant struggle. Without diapers, children cannot attend daycare, which may prevent parents from making an income. Diapers are not funded by WIC and SNAP programs, and without this financial assistance, babies are left in their diapers longer, leading to severe diaper rash that could lead to other medical problems.
The Junior League of Charleston Diaper Bank was developed to fill the gap of this overlooked need in the community. The Junior League of Charleston Diaper Bank will collect, package and work with partner organizations to distribute diapers to those in need throughout the Lowcountry.
How Can You Help:
Diapers should be disposable, unused, and can be any brand, size, and type.
- Drop off diapers at the JLC office (51 Folly Rd., Charleston) during business hours (Monday-Friday 8am-4pm)
- Donate to the Diaper Bank in someone’s honor in lieu of a gift at your next shower, wedding, or party. Download the donation card here.
- Donate via our Amazon Wish List!
- Donate to the Junior League of Charleston’s Annual Fund, which helps support our mission of promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
- Donate via our eDrive!
- Donate during our Spring Diaper Drive, April 6-13th. You can assist by dropping off new or unused partial packages of diapers at any of our public drop off locations during these dates:
- Central Square at Watermark Apartments, 1280 Appling Drive, Mount Pleasant
- Chick-Fil-A, 1024 Johnnie Dodds Blvd., Mount Pleasant
- Chick-Fil-A, 653 Long Point Road, Mount Pleasant
- Dr. Amanda Seay Dentistry, 3404 Saltherbeck Street #202, Mount Pleasant
- Ghost Monkey Brewery, 522 Wando Lane, Mount Pleasant
- Joyner Family Dentistry, 2030 Wambaw Creek #106, Charleston
- Mt. Pleasant Regional Library, 1133 Mathis Ferry Road, Mount Pleasant
- Old Trolley Dental, 600 Old Trolley Dental, Summerville
- Pleasant Paws Dayspa, 577 Belle Station Blvd., Mount Pleasant
- HYLO West Ashley, 466 Savannah Highway, Charleston
- Kidz Adventure Cutz, 1152 Oakland Market Road, Mount Pleasant
- WCBD News 2 – TV Station, 210 West Coleman Blvd., Mount Pleasant
Our Distribution Partners include:
- Lowcountry C.A.R.E.S. (clients only)
- Florence Crittenton (clients only)
- East Cooper Community Outreach (clients only)
- Tricounty Family Ministries (clients only)
- Shifa Clinic (clients only)
- Lowcountry Orphan Relief (clients only)
- HALOS (clients only)
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Charleston (clients only)
- Bethel UMC (clients only)
- The Community Outreach Center at St. Matthews (clients only)
- Lowcountry Pregnancy Center (clients only)
- YoungLives (clients only)
Want to Host Your Own Drive?
The JLC encourages schools and local businesses to host their own drives to increase awareness of the Diaper Bank and its mission throughout the Lowcountry.
Download our Diaper Drive Toolkit.
Questions? Diaper Bank FAQ