National Diaper Need Awareness Week: September 21-27, 2020
National Diaper Need Awareness Week is an initiative of the National Diaper Bank Network (NDBN) created to mobilize efforts to help make a difference in the lives of the nearly 5.3 million babies in the U.S., aged three or younger, who feel the impacts of diaper need.
What is Diaper Need?
- Diaper need is the lack of a sufficient supply of diapers to keep a baby or toddler clean, dry and healthy.
- Despite being a basic hygiene item, diapers are not covered by the government assistance programs like WIC or SNAP.
- Infants and toddlers typically require 8-12 diaper changes per day, which can cost up to $100 every month.
- Before the pandemic, one in three families in the U.S. struggle with diaper need. We estimate that number has increased due to the economic impacts of COVID-19.
The JLC Diaper Bank relies on community support to make an impact. There are three easy ways YOU can help us #EndDiaperNeed!
- Help us spread awareness of #DiaperNeed!
- Connect with us on Facebook and Instagram, and follow along for the latest on #DiaperNeed, #EndDiaperNeed and #ChangingDiapersChangingLives
- Re-share our content or post your own stories!
- Encourage your friends and followers to get involved through https://linktr.ee/diaperbank
- Host a Virtual Diaper Drive!
- Then, deliver your diaper donations to the JLC Diaper Bank (51 Folly Road) Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Register your drive here, and find the drive toolkit here