Spring Diaper Drive “Help us Grow” April 17 -25, 2021
WHAT IS DIAPER NEED AND WHO DOES IT AFFECT?
- Diaper need is the lack of a sufficient supply of diapers to keep a baby or toddler clean, dry and healthy.
- Despite being a basic hygiene item, diapers are not covered by government assistance programs like WIC or SNAP.
- Infants and toddlers typically require 8-12 diaper changes per day, which can cost up to $100 every month.
- Before the pandemic, one in three families in the U.S. struggle with diaper need. We estimate that number has increased due to the economic impacts of COVID-19.
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
The JLC Diaper Bank relies on community support to make an impact. Here are TWO easy ways you can help us #ENDDIAPERNEED!
1. Host a Neighborhood or Community Diaper Drive!
- Engage your network and support the community in a safe, physically distant way.
- Use contactless drop-off at your home or business.
- Then, deliver your diaper donations to the JLC Diaper Bank (51 Folly Road) Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Register your drive here, and find the drive toolkit here.
2. Help us spread awareness of #DiaperNeed!
- Connect with us on Facebook and Instagram
- Re-share our content or post your own stories!
- Encourage your friends and followers to get involved though https://linktr.ee/diaperbank